You can join the society on-line via this link.
The Flamsteed is part of the membership organisation of Royal Museums Greenwich (RMG), and RMG membership is a requirement to join the Flamsteed. If you are not already a member of RMG you can join the RMG and Flamsteed together as shown here.
Membership of the Flamsteed (including membership of the RMG) is £80 per person a year, which provides entry to the published programme of lecture meetings, on-site workshops, planetarium and observing sessions. See below for details of membership types and concessionary rates available. There may be additional charges for optional outside visits and events. Members of the Flamsteed must be over 18 years of age.
Membership of RMG provides you with a number of benefits in addition to those offered by the Flamsteed:
- Free entry to Cutty Sark
- Free fast-track entry to the new special exhibition programme at the Sammy Ofer Wing
- Free-of-charge access to the Peter Harrison Planetarium, Flamsteed House and the Meridian Courtyard
- Personal invitations to private views and an exciting programme of Members events
- 10% discounts in shops, cafés and the new 16 Seconds West Brasserie overlooking Greenwich Park
- Concessionary discount on adult learning talks and courses
- Access to the elegant Members Room
- Quarterly newsletter and bi-monthly e-newsletter
You can find lots of information about us on this website in the about us section and also about our previous meetings and events. If you have any further questions, please use the contact us section. If you’re undecided about joining please feel free to come along to one of our pub evenings and meet some of the members (see the Home page for dates). The Flamsteed provides excellent value for money. We support the work of the Royal Observatory Greenwich (ROG) through donations of our time, equipment, and money, while enhancing the knowledge, experience and enjoyment of astronomy for our members through a programme of first-class lectures and other events. We have access to the professional astronomy staff at the ROG as well as enjoying a world heritage site and the equipment and facilities of the ROG and National Maritime Museum.