June 1 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Jun 05

The Voice of Space by Marcus Chown

June 5 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Jun 17

Trip to the National Space Centre in Leicester

June 17 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm

Subscribe to Flamsteed via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this website and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 197 other subscribers

Home Forums Observing and Imaging Group National Geographic's top places for dark skies

This topic contains 31 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  ThObitz 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Christina Chester
    Participant
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 192

Hi Thomas – Welcome to the Flamsteed! Hope that your twins enjoyed Venus viewing with the Great Equatorial Telescope last summer.

Thanks for your note – the idea of using an existing mount and adding a motor as you have done is a good one and something that I have considered. My mount, however, weighs a ton so it’s not very portable for use when out and about (which is the solution that I was looking for). Really want to explore night sky landscape photography.

Thanks very much for your kind offer to allow me to try out your Nikon lens. That’s incredibly kind – may have to take you up on your kind offer one day!

ThObitz
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 6

14mm is really wide – the moon is about 60° over the horizon, so the picture reaches from the horizon well over the zenith. Scorpio is visible just underneeth the moon.

No milky way I am afraid – Singapore must have invented the word light polution. They even have these beams of light from the skyscrapers just for decoration…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.