Mon 25

Flamsteed Pub Evening

September 25 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Oct 16
Oct 21

Romney Observing Evening: 21 or 22 October 2017

October 21 @ 8:30 pm - 11:00 pm

Subscribe to Flamsteed via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this website and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,503 other subscribers

Home Forums Radio Astronomy Group Norman Lockyer Observatory

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brian Blake 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Mike Meynell
    Topics: 119
    Replies: 749

Popped down to the South West Astronomy fair at the Norman Lockyer Observatory in Sidmouth yesterday (if you can call an 8 hour round trip “popping down”!).

Had a long chat to the radio astronomy group and was hugely impressed by their set up. A very large “shack” with lots of screens showing VLF data, meteor detection, lightning detection, weather maps and so on.

They would be very keen to host a full day visit from Flamsteed members, and promised to lay on tea, coffee and sandwiches for our visit.

What do people think? A visit in September or October would be ideal, if we could arrange it. I traveled down by train, from Waterloo to Honiton and got a cab from Honiton to the observatory. Quite a easy journey, but a car drive out of season wouldn’t be too bad. I’m sure we could arrange lifts if enough people were interested.

Thoughts?

Brian Blake
    Participant
    Topics: 187
    Replies: 409

Sounds good to me Mike.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.