Mon 27

Flamsteed Pub Evening

November 27 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Dec 05

Viewing with the Great Equatorial Telescope

December 5 @ 7:15 pm - 9:00 pm
Dec 11

Subscribe to Flamsteed via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this website and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,541 other subscribers

Home Forums Observing and Imaging Group Planet Uranus Due South

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tej 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

BillOB
    Participant
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 36

Looking at Stellarium 10:02pm Monday 13th tomorrow night the planet Uranus will be at 180 degrees ie to the south. So a clear night and something with reasonable power, the planet might be in a good position to locate and observe.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mike Meynell
    Topics: 119
    Replies: 751

Had a look at it at the last Blackheath Observing session, and must say that it was difficult to even discern it as a disk.

Always worth a look, but don’t expect to see too much!

Tej
    Participant
    Topics: 36
    Replies: 590

I think its still worth a look.  I did get it in my 8″ scope last time (after comically looking at a slight greenish star and thinking that was Uranus…I had kicked the tripod leg so was out of alignment).  But I could make out a disc, although quite small and had an in-between green-bluish tint

We have another opportunity at this Friday’s Blackheath Stargazing and it coincides with the Leonid’s meteor shower so we might catch a bright meteor or two if we lucky.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.