Thu 24
Sep 02

Solar Observing at the Royal Observatory Greenwich

September 2 @ 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Sep 18

Flamsteed Lecture and 18th AGM

September 18 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm

Subscribe to Flamsteed via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this website and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,503 other subscribers

Home Forums General Discussion Planetarium

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Andy Sawers 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Brian Blake
    Participant
    Topics: 187
    Replies: 409

Is it really sad that a 60 years old man (me) has bought a Star Wars Death Star that is  a planetarium?

Sumitra
    Participant
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 233

Why should it?? 🙂 No age limit to do things that makes us happy 🙂

Andy Sawers
    Topics: 113
    Replies: 588

Huh? Sounds intriguing! We need a photo or a link, please, Brian! We gotta check this out!!

Tej
    Participant
    Topics: 36
    Replies: 582

LOL

I think brian is referring to this cool Uncle Milton toy:

http://goo.gl/Nf1NU5

Nice geeky purchase, Brian…pity it doesnt have any optional Darth sidious or vader voice narrative that would made it even more awesome then it already is!

I do have a toy planetarium (National Geographic brand) which I did enjoy for a few nights soon after purchasing it a year ago.  It has two globes, one for the stars/constellations at night and the other a solar system display.  The solar system has a nice voice over narrative tour while in another mode it would play music which is supposed to be soothing but its actually irritating coming off a bit screechy.  Then I got bored with the thing and stored it away.  But if it looked like Brian’s Death star then it would have been on my display shelf!

I am looking for another interactive R2D2 unit that can project a holographic view of our solar system 🙂  Brian, let me know if you come across one as lately, my one moans all day and refuses to playback the Princess Leia message.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Tej.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Tej.

Mike Meynell
    Topics: 119
    Replies: 746

Ooooo…. looks very cool. Luckily I have kids, so I can buy stuff pretending it’s for them 😉

Brian Blake
    Participant
    Topics: 187
    Replies: 409

That the one Tej.  It will be on the shelf along with my TARDIS, USS Enterprise, Klingon Battle Cruiser and Destroyer droid.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Brian Blake. Reason: bad spelling

Andy Sawers
    Topics: 113
    Replies: 588

Brian, we need a #shelfie 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.