Upcoming Events

Thu 26

Telescope Workshop

October 26 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Tue 31

Viewing with the Great Equatorial Telescope

October 31 @ 7:15 pm - 9:00 pm

Subscribe to Flamsteed via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this website and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,533 other subscribers

Home Forums Observing and Imaging Group Solar Observ @ 10th 4th 2015

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Simon Hurst 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Simon Hurst
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 34

This Friday we held a solar observation event along side the ROG

for the flamsteed members we had a great great turnout > 300 members of theĀ public had a chance to view the sun which was in my eyes pretty active with prominences going most of the way around the circumferences of the sun we saw only one small sunspot around the 7 o’clock area

It was a mixture of sunshine and cloud as was expected but the by the public WOW’s which is my measure of success we did well šŸ™‚

Grey and Christina was grapping hold of the publicĀ  and Clive was Delivering a great insight to ourĀ  closet star including why Hydrogen Alpha looks red to our eyes

Mike and Nick taking up the challenge for the viewing in theĀ scope and trust me looking after theĀ scope is no easy matter as it seems every one wants to grab hold of the eyepiece šŸ˜€ when looking atĀ though the scope

All in all we had a great day at the ROG andĀ as aĀ team we workedĀ  reallyĀ  well

As a junior member I would like to take this chance to say thank you to all took part in this event and engorge others to take up the challenge and talk to the public weather it beĀ solar or night timeĀ observatory

• This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Simon Hurst.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.