Upcoming Events

Sat 22
Sat 29

Subscribe to Flamsteed via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this website and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 199 other subscribers

Home Forums General Discussion Weather on other planets effect possibility for life

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tej 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Brian Blake
    Participant
    Topics: 187
    Replies: 409

http://t.co/j3B2T7O2Jq What do people think?

Brian

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Andy Sawers.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Andy Sawers. Reason: Link fix

Tej
    Participant
    Topics: 36
    Replies: 582

Sorry havent posted in a while!

If we placed our Earth on those mentioned stars, would life exist or evolve?  Doesnt our magnetic field protect us from such flares?  If not, perhaps some planets may have a stronger protection to adapt (or get lucky) to the aggression of its parent star.

I hate that website, btw, so much ads and getting in the way of the article and silly videos starting, really annoying for a quite a good content website.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Tej.

Brian Blake
    Participant
    Topics: 187
    Replies: 409

Hey Tej how are you doing. Yes I agree with you about the ads etc but I thought was an interesting article.

Tej
    Participant
    Topics: 36
    Replies: 582

Oh absolutely, and please keep bringing the news from whatever source!  Its just that website really aggravates me!

I am good, Brian but I am suffering astronomy withdrawal symptons due to my summer sports job workload 🙁  Will come to a couple of Nick’s Solar observation days which lands on my free days though, hopefully see you and the gang then.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.