Subscribe to Flamsteed via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this website and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,742 other subscribers

Home Forums Observing and Imaging Group A different kind of astronomy timelapse – Fixed stars

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sumitra
    Participant
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 233

Hey all!

I’ve tried a different kind of timelapse, where as opposed to traditional ones, I show how we (the earth) rotate rather than the stars! 🙂

I hope you like it! Feedback welcome!

Sumitra

Here’s one with just fixed stars:

Here’s one with 3 different perspectives of seeing the earth rotating: Stars moving, Startrails and then the earth moving.

Ugh – sorry no BBCode for Flickr videos >((

• This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Sumitra.
    Tej
    Participant
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 597

That’s a clever and inspiring mix, Sumitra.

Brian Blake
    Participant
    Topics: 188
    Replies: 409

Fascinating, have watched a few times.  Good to see a different approach. Nice one Sumitra

Sumitra
    Participant

Thank you so much both!!!

i am going a little crazy as it is on 6th place on Explore, 5.8K views! Insane haha

Andy Sawers
    Topics: 127
    Replies: 602

Sumatra, that video is inspired! The static stars/moving Earth idea is brilliant. I’ve sometimes wondered if it was possible to do such a thing and bang! You’ve done it!

The music is pretty cool, too!

Sumitra
    Participant

Andy, thanks for your kind comment! I have been thrilled by all the attention this timelapse has received! Just amazing how many new followers I’ve got! And the comments just had me… lost for words.

I love the music too!

Making the 3rd part of this timelapse was absolutely frustrating. It was only out of sheer frustration I finally found a way to do it after 2 days and a lot of growling. My screen took a bit of a beating, but all in all it was well worth it! 🙂

The state of my physical screen after aligning stars for fixed stars  timelapse!! by Sumitra_S [/url], on Flickr

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Sumitra.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.