Subscribe to Flamsteed via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this website and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,739 other subscribers

Home Forums Observing and Imaging Group AR12524 From 22/03/16

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Astrograph 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Astrograph
    Participant
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 102

A strange thing happened this Tuesday. It was sunny almost all day! I therefore ventured away from my desk and did some solar imaging. The seeing was pretty good and amidst the fairly quiet surface was AR12524. This is the first image I have been able to process. Quite pleased for my first solar image of the year.

AR12524 v2 by Rupert Smith[/url], on Flickr

Kit used: APM 152 with D-ERF. Daystar Quantum 0.4A, PGR IMX249 Blackfly and Airylab Solar Scintillation Monitor.

Mike Meynell
    Topics: 119
    Replies: 756

Wow… superb image again Rupert. I love the detail on the left-hand sunspot… with the “bridge” of plasma spanning across the middle.

There is a reasonable amount of activity on the Sun at the moment, given that we’re meant to be past solar max… though sunspot numbers are very gradually decreasing. http://www.solen.info/solar/

Tej
    Participant
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 597

Well “spotted” Mike!  I would never have noticed that plasma bridge on that smaller sunspot.  Good eye…oh and if course great capture , Rupert!

Andy Sawers
    Topics: 126
    Replies: 602

That’s one for the monthly video, Rupert, yes?

Astrograph
    Participant
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 102

Thanks all, will send it in for the video and maybe some others if I get the processing done

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.