Subscribe to Flamsteed via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this website and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,779 other subscribers

Home Forums Society Events Flamsteed Great Equatorial Viewing sessions discussion

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tej
    Participant
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 597

Just creating a thread for members to discuss and ask questions about targets observed during these sessions and about the refractor itself.

We’ve had a really good percentage of clear nights this season.  So far we got to look through the scope in 4 out of the last 5 sessions!

Just to keep a track of what we have observed this season:

M15 (globular cluster), M57 (Ring Nebula), Uranus, Albireo (double star), The moon (with a focus on different craters and valleys), Vesta (minor planet), Orion, and Almach.

Yesterday we viewed the double star, Almach and I have to say, I think I find this an even more beautiful contrasting double star than the more popular Albireo!

With two more sessions to go and being moonless evenings, I look forward to seeing some deep sky objects such as possibly M32 (Triangulum galaxy) and M35 cluster.  through this refractor.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Tej.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Mike Meynell.
    davechris
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Just creating a thread for members to discuss and ask questions about targets observed during these sessions and about the refractor itself. We’ve had a really good percentage of clear nights this season. So far we got to look through the scope in 4 out of the last 5 sessions! Just to keep a track of what we have observed this season: M15 (globular cluster), M57 (Ring Nebula), Uranus, Albireo (double star), The moon (with a focus on different craters and valleys), Vesta (minor planet), Orion, and Almach. Yesterday we viewed the double star, Almach and I have to say, I think I find this an even more beautiful contrasting double star than the more popular Albireo! With two more sessions to go and being moonless evenings, I look forward to seeing some deep sky objects such as possibly M32 (Triangulum galaxy) and M35 cluster. through this refractor.

Many thanks to Tom, Nick and Tej for a very enjoyable session on Tuesday. A bit iffy weather wise but a good call by Tom to go ahead with the viewing. Lovely views of the moon and Almach.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.