Subscribe to Flamsteed via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this website and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,742 other subscribers

Home Forums Observing and Imaging Group Solar eclipse and cloudgazing fun!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Sumitra
    Participant
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 233

Hi All,

Well it was quite a disappointment that not even a break in the clouds happened! I was keeping my fingers crossed for that!

But it was still fantastic fun! Such a large turnout was amazing despite the extent of the cloud cover!

I got overwhelmed and didn’t set my camera properly to do the timelapse, which was annoying too. But in any case, the video wouldn’t look that good as I had no way of keeping my camera far enough to do a nice timelapse of the entire event. So no regrets.

I did use several of my frames to do a collage, which shows how overrated were the reports saying we would be plunged into darkness 🙂
    Some people mentioned they noticed it going darker, but personally I didn’t notice. My eyes are either excellent at adjusting to changes in luminosity, or I was too busy doing social media stuff on my phone. In any case, it is noticeable on the photos!

Solar Eclipse 20th March 2015 Collage.jpg
    by Sumitra_S[/url], on Flickr

It was most annoying that the skies cleared just an hour after the eclipse, typical indeed!
    I was so annoyed I decided to postpone the eclipse. Well I had to make use of my solar glasses (which I had bought in 2006 where it was also a no show as well, despite being in Nice!). Here are some photos of the sun with my solar filter, pre-postponed-eclipse and during postponed-eclipse. :p

IMG_9527 – The sun Pre-Postponed-Eclipse by Sumitra_S[/url], on Flickr

IMG_9579 – The sun during Postoned-Eclipse by Sumitra_S[/url], on Flickr

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.